Monday, September 8, 2008

Glitter, Sparkle and Flirt

What is she talking about they wondered... Glitter, Sparkle and Flirt? What does that have to do with anything? Then they realized.... that is exactly what we did this weekend! Two full days of scrapping with beautiful paper, amazing projects and SEXY GUYS. We made our way through 5 cards, 2 pages and a mini album with GLITTER on our paper, SPARKLE in our eyes, and FLIRTING in the air! Remember, DON'T MISS any live.love.scrap events... you never know what we will have up our sleeve. Amazing ideas, Giveaways, Prizes, SOMETIMES EVEN GOOD-LOOKING MEN!
UPCOMING EVENTS:
SCRAPPINK September 27
FALL RETREAT November 7-9
A peek at our MY MINDS EYE project we completed
this weekend. We had such a great time, and the scrapping wasn't bad either!
There new line is amazing and it is moving quick. All the paper is complete with glitter accents and sweet patterns. The accessories are great too, they even have ink now to top it all off! Cover of the book, adorned with MY MINDS EYE die-cut and ADHESIVE glitter chipboard letter. ALREADY ADHESIVE!

VERY CUTE

I loved the way they layered the transparencies over each photo mat. All their Chipboard accents are adhesive too!

They also made clever little pockets through-out the book to hold cute tags and such. SPARKLE SPARKLE SPARKLE.

I LOVED these cards. We made these in the My Minds Eye class and they were just beautiful. Let me say, this paper is PERFECT for card makers. It is very thick and has a subtle touch of glitter, plus all the title pieces make a quick and easy card!

Again, I used the NEW My Minds eye paper line. It is moving fast so bop on in to get yours! The rubons and titles worked perfect for the look I was trying to achieve. (the bird is their rubon)

Also new in the store is the stamps pictured below. They are perfect for the traditional stamper and make wonderful cards. Each kit comes complete with the stamp, rhinestones and 5 Kraft cards and envelops. Our very own Terri Ginter designed this card ... she was amazed at how SIMPLE AND BEAUTIFUL it turned out.

There are lots to choose from, you'll love it. (perfect gift idea)

On an ending note: isn't he just adorable!
This is Nate's nephew Aiden (so i guess kinda mine too). We rarely get to spend time with them and I just couldn't help but take a million photos of him. We spent a week in Myrtle Beach and had a blast. I had to scrap him right away. Precious.
(This is the new October Afternoon paper.... LOVE IT)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever wonder where "my mind's eye" originated from?
--The concept of us having an "eye in our mind" is ancient and dated back to at least the 14th century, when Chaucer used it in The Man of Law's Tale, circa 1390: "It were with thilke eyen of his mynde, with whiche men seen, after that they been blynde."
--The first actual mention of "mind's eye" comes in 1577 when Hubert Languet used it in a letter. This was printed in The Corresponfance of Sir Phillip Sidney and Hubert Languet, 1845: "What will not these golden mountains effect...which I dare say stand before your mind's eye day and night?"
--The phrase probably became best known through Shakespeare in his infamous play Hamlet,1603, where Hamlet recalls his father:
HAMLET: Thrift, thrift, Horatio! the funeral baked meats Did coldly furnish forth the marraige tables. Would I had met my dearest foe in heaven Or ever I had seen that day, Horatio! My father! - methinks I see my father!
HORATIO: where, my lord?
HAMLET: In my mind's eye, Horatio.

Now you, too, can take that knowledge and glitter, sparkle and flirt with your boys of summer.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
It was a weekend of firsts for me. First class, first crop, and first time creating a mini-book. I had such a blast! Can't wait to be able to do more at the store where croppin's no chore. (Tee hee, I'm such a dork.) Anyways, thank you so much to the more experience attendees for guiding me.

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend! I certainly made my coworkers jealous when I showed them the wonderful book, cards and layout! I really appreciate LLS's creativity and gernerosity! I am sure you hear it all the time ~you are my favorite boutique!